Monday, December 3, 2012

The Library

Greetings Gentle Readers,

So, here's the library so far. I wanted this to look like an old thing but I'm having second thoughts now, partly because a lot of the other rooms are very clean looking, but for now, it's in it's home on the top floor of the house.


The walls are gilt paper on a silver gray background. I decided to gild the edges because I thought it would look like one of those Victorian boxes.....still don't know if I love it...it is interesting and once it's filled with books and furniture it will look fine, but I may do an alternate scheme, I had to faux boise the paneling....so much for using real wood! I'm very particular about the color wood I like, we have an 18thc Cuban mahogany cabinet that is warm tobacco color.



Looking from the library to the bed room


The house to date. You can see the room where it lives....as always, waiting for supplies.


Until next time...

L

8 comments:

  1. Hello Louis,
    I like your project very much and you are a very skilled artist. I am an amateur miniaturist and I am doing a project: a French shop house.
    if you want to have a look : http://ajarnpatrick.blogspot.com
    By the way, today is Dec 25th so Happy Christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Louis,
    I just found your blog and I am very impressed by your beautiful, intricate work. I look forward to going over all your posts.
    Wonderful work.
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Luis, hoy he descubierto tu blog y decirte que es impresionante. Me ha enganchado tu blog para mirarlo toda la tarde. Un abrazo, Arantza
    http://miniaturasarantza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-(

    No more posts...
    Your work is incredible and truly inspiring. I hope you post some updates soon.
    Best wishes
    Si

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Simon…visited your site WOW!!!!!! amazing! Have to get back to mine at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracias Arantza. me gusta tu blog. La Casa Blanca es una maravilla!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giac!! Thanks. Love your work as well!

    ReplyDelete