Friday, November 30, 2012

Playing and Grainiing

Greetings Gentle Readers,

So here we are, it's Friday and I've decided to have a little fun and play with the rooms a bit...and to do some wood graining while I'm at it. The best part of this project is that all the rooms are so interchangable. I've decided to move the dining room from the ground floor to the first and to make he former dining room a music room and I started decorating the walls of the library....it's become a bit more Liberty of London, but it's still working with the rest of the house.....




The stained and grained doors with gilt paper in gray and gold..I love that it looks green.

Two views of the room. One as a library.


The other as a very moody bed room



But I did start the real bed room. Decided that it's going to be Farrow & Ball 'Shaded White' and I'm thinking I might splurge on a very expensive embroidered linen from Chelsea Textiles for the walls.



The new dining room will be off the main living room. Think it's a much better place for it. The walls are  Farrow and Ball 'Old White' and the classical crown [ see 1st pic] is from Sue Cook.


Well, that's all I've got till my materials arrive..need those moldings and fireplaces.....guess I can work on making some floors.....

Stay warm.

L


No comments:

Post a Comment