Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What Am I doing Today: Painting walls and making a pier table

Greetings,

So, I am still awaiting the fireplace and crowns for the 'house' and in the meantime, I've started making paneling...I want this to look like an old thing so I've painted up the wood with a few glazes. This will be the first floor parlor or perhaps a music room...or the dining room...haven't yet made up my mind.


A pair of acanthus leaf brackets and a small piece of wood will become a william IV style console


Draw out the proportions...I am not a wood worker of any kind and luckily, I'm going for charm, not perfection.



Almost done, have to get some mercury glass for the back and need to faux paint rosewood and gild the legs and have to make a marble top...but you get the idea...


So now off to get some paint and gold leaf....my parquet flooring bits came in...OH NO!


Console [ here unfinished] will live in the entrance along with four 19th c prints that I found in a box....have a few gaps to fill....just figuring out to to cope properly....but it's got a look.




No comments:

Post a Comment