Sunday, November 18, 2012

What Am I Doing Today: Faux Marble Floors

Greetings,

So here we are in the entrance hall, been working on paneling which I will show when it's stained....almost done, but keep running out of materials. So in the meantime, I had materials to make some tile for the floors, I had planned to buy tile, but thought that I could make my own....below is a pic showing the placement, I've been working on specific tiles as I don't want it to look too even and I also want a small amount of pattern, Think i'm finally happy with the arrangement as it looks pretty real and as always...old, old, old..




1x16 make 16 1x1 tiles. I paint the plank and then cut them out and then go back and retouch the edges.






Tiles with some pattern in between the almost solids.

No comments:

Post a Comment