Sunday, November 25, 2012

PROGRESS!


Greetings Gentle Readers,

So, I've been working feverishly  since I last wrote, and so, the house progresses. 
Below is a pic of the entire thing with it's 8 rooms and the beginnings of their decoration.







The dining room with it's plaster walls and marble floors. A neoclassical fireplace and crown molding.

Below we look towards the front hall which is paneled in mahogany.....still working on detailing it with small trim and the ceiling has been worked out with a series of beams. I am still waiting for plaster capitals and bases from Sue Cook to finish the pilasters in this room. They were originally meant to be used outside, but I didn't read the scale....1:6 so too small for there, but perfect for here.
Standard doors with an overdoor and plinth blocks make it look more substantial....all the little bits of glue are now  dry and sanded off. The Indian statue is an antique bit I had on a shelf and now at home on a small side table turned on it's side...still have to stain doors and paint out trim...but that will keep.


One of 4 chairs from Kenneth at Small World Minis are really nice quality.


My home made sideboard with a painting by my friend, Jimmy Bloom.....decided that this would be  modern house with high style furnishings and modern art.


Waiting for the Regency style table and a great chandelier that I found at J Getzan Dolllhouse Miniatures...but, as with all things, this will be a long process and take a good bit of time... meanwhile, I've invited my artist friends to send any small work they'd like to contribute to the 'collectors'.

Until next time.


L

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Louis!
    I love it all so far!
    I wish I was braver and able to create a " lived in" feel, but try as I might, I always end getting a brand new look!
    I also love the use of arches and partitions to creat depth and add interest.
    Great job
    Si

    ReplyDelete