Monday, November 26, 2012

What Am I Doing Today: The Library


Greetings Gentle Readers,

I've been working diligently on my still unnamed house, both on interiors and furnishing and so here are a few current pictures of the existing library and the new one that I am working on.


Chinese export paper and a Georgian scheme will become a ground floor sitting room or perhaps a music room.

Below is the new library in a William IV style. The paneling will be stained or perhaps painted. I went out and bought some Farrow and Ball tins today, so eventually the unfinished rooms will all have a good finish on their walls.



I've divided the space into two seating areas, the back wall will have a fireplace and a door, to nowhere, just to make it seem as if the house continues.


The bookshelves  have two pull out book tables and a shelf for a yet to be created collection of Greek pots. I want this room to be high style but comfy, so the scheme will be a bit more old fashioned than the rest of the house, but I may throw in an odd chair or painting.

So slowly it continues......it's just like doing up a real house, except smaller....and less expensive...thank goodness.

Until next time.

L




1 comment:

  1. I built a library from scratch too once and it was great having all the things I wanted to incorporate - however, your pull out tables are genius!!!

    ReplyDelete