Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What Am I Looking At Today: Miniature Paintings

 Good Morning Gentle Readers,




As I am still landlocked in my Upper Westside apartment in NYC, my one very dangerous pursuit is internet shopping.......and while I am now building a doll's house, furniture shopping and artwork are high on the list....I came across these three miniatures with ivory frames...the two 18th c Venetian pictures are 3 1/2 x 3 /1/2 " and would look lovely in my drawing room.



Below is a 16th c 3" painting of saints that would be nice in the library.....now...if I can 'win' them at auction, we're in business....but i somehow think they'll be out of my range for a doll house...



I suppose that printing them out and making frames would work...but wouldn't it be nice to have originals!

No comments:

Post a Comment